Notice to Passengers?
If you are denied boarding or your baggage is lost or damaged, you may be entitled to certain standards of treatment and compensation under the Air Passenger Protection Regulations. For more information about your passenger rights please contact your air carrier or visit the Canadian Transportation Agency’s website.
Si l’embarquement vous est refusé ou si vos bagages sont perdus ou endommagés, vous pourriez avoir droit au titre du Règlement sur la protection des passagers aériens, à certains avantages au titre des normes de traitement applicables et à une indemnité. Pour de plus amples renseignements sur vos droits, veuillez communiquer avec votre transporteur aérien ou visiter le site Web de l’Office des transports du Canada.
(Flight Delay, Cancelation or Tarmac Delay)
Calm Air will keep passengers regularly informed if there is a flight disruption and will provide passengers with flight status updates every 30 minutes until a new departure time has been set.? The information will be given as soon as possible and will include the nature of the disruption.? Information will be provided through the following means:
- An audible announcement;
- Website Flight Status display;
- Flight information display screens in airports where applicable; and
- Preferred method of communication within the existing options provided by Calm Air for passengers with disabilities.
Depending on the length and type of delay, you may be entitled to the following compensation:
Controllable but for Safety
|2 hrs +||Meal voucher
(as per applicable time of day)
|3 hrs – 4 hrs 59 min||Travel credit of $100||YES||NO||NO|
|5 hrs +||Travel credit of $200
(not combined with $100 credit – one or the other shall be issued
|Overnight Required||Meals, transportation, hotel accommodation||YES||YES||NO|
Please note the following:
- Travel Credits are issued for Controllable disruptions only.
- Compensation will not be issued for Uncontrollable disruptions.
- Compensation will be issued to Revenue passengers only (employee travel and gratuitous travel is exempt from compensation).
- Compensation will not be applied to reservations where passengers no-show for their flight, or where they rebook immediately upon notification of the delay.
Additionally, the following may apply:
- Passengers will be provided access to a means of communication as required (per applicable available method in each airport location – e.g. access to a phone and/or to WiFi)
- Passengers will be rebooked upon their request to the next available flight to their final destination on their itinerary at no additional charge;
- If the passenger chooses to no longer travel as the disruption results in the loss of purpose of travel, Calm Air will transport the passenger back to their point of origin on their itinerary.
- Passengers may request a refund for the full amount of their ticket if not transported to their destination, by contacting Calm Air Reservations at 1-800-839-2256;
For more information on Flight Disruptions, click here.
Denied Boarding (Overselling of Flights)
Calm Air does not purposefully oversell our flights, however, in the unlikely event where denied boarding is required and within Calm Air’s control, passenger(s) may be entitled to compensation. Calm Air will look for volunteers from all confirmed passengers before denied boarding will occur.
Please Note: Compensation will NOT be issued if the passenger is being refused travel:
- For health, safety, or security reasons;
- For failing to follow carrier rules;
- Because a passenger does not have appropriate travel documents; or
- The passenger has failed to respect check-in and departure gate cut-off time limits.
In cases of denied boarding within Calm Air’s control, except for reasons required for safety, a passenger may be entitled to compensation as follows:
Length of Delay
Less than 6 hours
$900 CAD *($1,800 travel credit voucher)
Over 6 hours but less than 9 hours
$1,800 CAD *($3,600 travel credit voucher)
9 hours or more
$2,400 CAD *($4,800 travel credit voucher)
*NOTE: Travel credits/vouchers may be offered in lieu of “cash” compensation in cases of denied boarding.? The passenger must agree to receive the credit/voucher in lieu of cash (they must be offered both forms), and the amount of the credit/voucher will be 200% of the amount of cash compensation ($1 cash CAD being equivalent to $2 in travel credit vouchers).
For more information on Denial of Boarding, click here.?
Lost or Damaged Baggage
Calm Air’s maximum liability for lost or damaged baggage has been increased to $2,100 CAD per person, per incident.? Passengers may be entitled to this compensation in the event baggage has been lost or damaged beyond normal wear and tear.
The following may apply:
- For damaged baggage, the claim must be submitted within seven (7) days after the passenger receives the baggage.
- For lost baggage, the claim must be submitted within twenty-one (21) days after the day it was supposed to arrive.
- Calm Air will provide a refund of any baggage fees paid if the baggage has been lost or damaged.
- We recommend passengers notify a Customer Service Agent at their destination of any lost or damaged baggage within one hour of flight arrival.
For more information on Lost or Damaged Baggage, click here.
Seating of Children under age 14
- Calm Air does not offer pre-reserved seat selection.
- Calm Air will accommodate the seating of children under the age of 14 with their parent and/or guardian at no additional cost. Simply speak with a Reservation or Check-in Agent to ensure preboarding is advised.
For more information on the Seating of Children, click here.
Need Additional Help, Information and/or Solutions?
- Passengers may contact Calm Air directly by calling Reservations at 1-800-839-2256, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information pertaining to the above content, please refer to our Domestic Tariff: http://www.hroptics.cn/scheduledservicetariff/.
- For passengers who have attempted to resolve a complaint with Calm Air directly and are unsatisfied with the outcome – passengers may file a complaint with the Canadian Transportation Agency by visiting: https://services.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/air-travel-complaints .