Ensure each piece of baggage (including carry-on) is clearly marked with your name, address and phone numbers (cell phone and destination phone numbers are a good idea). It is also a good idea to include this information inside your baggage as well, in case outside tags are torn or become unreadable. Baggage tags are provided for you at our airport counters.
- Please remove all old airline tags from your baggage.
- Keep all medications and high-value items such as cameras, jewelry, electronic devices, personal identification, cash and credit cards with you in your carry-on baggage.
- It is recommended that you pack your camera film in your carry-on baggage as screening equipment used by CATSA may damage photographic film packed in checked baggage. It does not affect digital disks.
- Keep all loose handles, hooks and straps closed securely and, if you can, remove them. These can catch on conveyers and belt loaders, possibly causing damage to your baggage or that of other passengers.
- Do not wrap bungee cords, ties or straps around baggage.
- If you lock your luggage, please be advised that Calm Air is not liable for any damage resulting from any security measures taken by Transport Canada or CATSA.
- Keep a list of packed items and their estimated value in a safe place. Report any missing, delayed or damaged items to our agents before leaving the airport or within one hour of arrival.
- Airport security personnel require that gifts be unwrapped and available for inspection. If you are transporting a wrapped gift, please pack it in your checked baggage.
- Do not leave your baggage unattended at airports.
We do not interline baggage with other airlines so please allow sufficient time to collect your baggage and re-check it with the connecting airline.